Winter, summer, spring or fall, preparing a colorful salad is a quick way to ensure your body receives a variety of vital and beneficial nutrients. Kick aside the leafy greens for once and take your tastebuds somewhere exotic with our beloved Mango Quinoa Salad recipe. A rollercoaster of textures and fresh flavors, this salad is quick to prepare and easy to pack upfor a tasty lunch at the office or in between classes. Scoop it up with chips or serve on the side of scrambled eggs or a grilled steak. The options for this protein and fiber-packed dishare endless, and proof that salads don’t have to go into hibernation during winter.
- 2 cups quinoa (cooked)
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper (red or orange)
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup diced mango
- 1 TB olive oil
- 2 TB lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
- Parsley or mint for garnishing
How to Make it
- Add warm quinoa, bell pepper and beans to a large mixing or salad bowl. Toss well.
- Add diced mango, olive oil, and lemon juice to mixture. Toss gently so as not to mash the mango.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with sprigs of parsley or mint leaves after plating.